Andrew is highly skilled in building international pipelines, with a history of doubling enrollments and significantly growing revenues. He is also accomplished in process re-engineering to streamline operations in the best interests of student service.
I’ve been fortunate that working in higher education, particularly working with an often misunderstood and under-supported group like graduate students, has become a bit of a calling. Certainly few of us aspire as kids to work in college admissions or enrollment management. I fell in love with the work as an undergraduate, giving tours and making calls to prospective students and their families, but found I was most energized when I stumbled into my work with graduate students. That work has led to a 15+ year career in enrollment management, building not only on success in marketing and recruitment, but also in supporting students throughout the lifecycle.
While my formal employment has encompassed undergraduate and graduate work at two small, private institutions in New England, I’ve also had the opportunity to serve three terms on the NAGAP Board of Directors, found the New England Association of Graduate Enrollment Management (NEGAP), create and host The NAGAP Report podcast, present widely on enrollment management and marketing strategy, participate as a monthly host and panelist for the Leadership Edition of The Exchange Live webinar series (NAGAP), and more. I’m passionate about serving our higher education professional community while also honoring my commitment to supporting students in their pursuit of their personal and professional goals.
My passion for helping others, particularly in higher education, is what I bring to my work as a consultant. Whether I’m working with a prospective student looking for a “right fit” school or an institution looking for a mission-focused solution to an enrollment challenge, I believe in a personalized approach that provides not only desired outcomes, but the right outcomes.
A lifelong New Englander, I have called Rhode Island home for the past nearly seven years. I love the outdoors and the ocean, and I spend a lot of time on my paddle board. Music, traveling, and photography are my other biggest passions, and if you see my out of office message, I may be off hiking in a National Park or traveling to see a favorite band.
Middletown, RI 02842
Dynamic Graduate Enrollment Management & Marketing Leader
Results-oriented enrollment management professional with demonstrated success in undergraduate and graduate marketing, recruitment, and strategic enrollment management. Proven expertise in driving efficiency and productivity through development and implementation of electronic enrollment management technologies and dynamic, integrated marketing campaigns. Extensive experience with technology support and training with demonstrated proficiency in online web development and marketing and CRM software support.
- Student Recruitment
- Enrollment Planning
- Graduate Enrollment Management
- Customer Service
- Lead Generation
- CRM Implementation and Support
- Reporting & Analytics
- Social Media Marketing
- Website Development
ROGER WILLIAMS UNIVERSITY, Bristol, Rhode Island, April 2015 – Present
Director of Graduate Admission (April 2015 – Present)
Responsible for the oversight of the various graduate admission, marketing, recruitment, and student life efforts for more than 350 graduate students in nearly 20 master’s degree and graduate certificate offerings on two campuses and online. Serve the University as the primary contact and strategist on graduate enrollment
management issues across the student life cycle and serve as the primary administrator of the graduate CRM, Technolutions Slate.
Supervision exercised: Assistant Director of Graduate Admission, Graduate Admission Specialist
- Oversaw growth of new graduate enrollment by 81.7% since 2015 and overall graduate enrollment by 33% over the same time period
- Led a re-brand of all graduate marketing
- Devised a proposal that created the University’s first universal graduate student fee, which established funding for the University’s first graduate student organization; reduced the existing fee burden on some students by more than 50%; and provided added revenue to support graduate initiatives
- Successfully proposed an increase in institutional aid from $50,000 to more than $200,000 for one of the University’s top master’s degree programs to grow and shape enrollment
- Established the University’s first Graduate Student Association
- Created the University’s first external 4+1 agreement and established an Open 4+1 model
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN, West Haven, Connecticut, July 2006 – April 2015
Director of Graduate Operations & Marketing (Sept. 2014 – April 2015)
Responsible for developing and executing marketing plans in support of all University graduate programs and managing the operational and technological processes supporting all admission activities in the Office of Graduate Enrollment. Created the department’s first formal marketing plan including program-specific plans with an integrated marketing strategy, allocating a $650,000 marketing budget for program awareness, and developing an annual marketing calendar. Directly oversaw the operations and processing of prospective student information from inquiry to enrollment including data entry, analysis, and reporting; maintenance of internal procedures for safeguarding student information; and technical support for the CRM (Radius) and other enrollment management software to internal and external constituents.
Supervision exercised: Associate Director of Graduate Enrollment & New London Campus Operations (Offsite including one additional clerical employee), Assistant Director of Graduate Enrollment & Technical Operations, two clerical support staff
Associate Director of Graduate Enrollment & Marketing (July 2010 – Sept. 2014)
Responsible for all digital recruitment initiatives for the Graduate Admissions Office and providing oversight of all marketing activities for graduate student recruitment. Produced web and CRM content, provided technical support and oversight for the CRM, and delivered presentations regularly at on-campus events and through virtual information sessions.
Supervision exercised: Assistant Director of Graduate Enrollment & Technical Operations
Director of Graduate Cohort Recruitment (Feb. 2009 – Jul. 2010)
Directly responsible for all recruitment and marketing initiatives for graduate cohort degree and certificate programs on the university’s main campus and two satellite campus locations. Despite poor economic climate, oversaw 10 percent cohort enrollment growth in fall 2009.
Associate Director of Graduate Admissions (Aug. 2008 – Feb. 2009)
Actively recruited and served graduate students from prospect to enrollment stages through all aspects of the admissions process. Provided full support for CRM software operations for all university adult education recruitment initiatives.
Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions (July 2007 – Aug. 2008)
Served in a dual role in graduate and undergraduate admissions to recruit prospective students through extensive recruitment travel, thorough follow-up and communications, and online and direct marketing. Implemented and developed the first Graduate Admissions CRM system (Hobsons Connect) and provided training and full support to the entire graduate, international, and part-time admissions offices.
Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions (July 2006 – July 2007)
Responsible for recruiting undergraduate students from New York State, Ohio, Washington, Oregon, Alaska, and California to the university by facilitating recruitment events both on and off the campus, making group presentations, and traveling extensively throughout the country to college fairs and high school visits.
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN, West Haven, Connecticut
- Master of Business Administration, Business Policy & Strategic Leadership, July 2010.
- Inducted into Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management, July 2010.
- Bachelor of Science, Mass Communication, May 2006. Summa Cum Laude
- Awarded “Outstanding Student of the Year” in 2004 and 2006
- Served as President of the Undergraduate Student Government, 2005-2006
- Served as Editor-in-Chief of The Charger Bulletin, 2003-2005
- Selected as a President’s Public Service Fellow in Summer 2004 and 2005
- Advisor, Graduate Student Association, 2019 – Current.
- Member, Adult Education Working Group, December 2020 – Current.
- Co-Chair, “All Ages and Stages” Vision Working Group, 2019-2020.
- Member, Graduate Advisory Council, 2017 – Current.
- Chair, Graduate Student Life subcommittee of the Graduate Advisory Council, 2017 – Current.
- Member, Data Integrity Standards Committee, 2017 – Current.
- Member, Technology Council, 2016 – Current.
- Member, IT Steering Committee, 2016 – Current.
- Member, Administrative Users Group, 2014 – 2015.
- Organizer, Graduate Student Showcase, 2011 – 2013.
- Member, Graduate Recruitment Coordinating Group (Dissolved), 2011 – 2013.
- Member, Campus Sustainability Committee (Dissolved), 2008-2009.
- Instructor, First-Year Seminar Program, 2008 – 2013.
- United Way Campaign Co-Chair, 2011 – Surpassed campaign goal by more than four percent
- United Way Campaign Co-Chair, 2010 – Surpassed campaign goal by more than nine percent
- United Way Campaign Department Champion, 2008 – 2015.
- Host, The NAGAP Report podcast, September 2018 – Current.
- Committee Member, NAGAP Leadership Cultivation & Nominations Committee. April 2016 – Current.
- Member, NAGAP Experts Bureau, April 2015 – Current.
- Committee Member, NAGAP Education Committee. April 2012 – April 2016; April 2018 – Current.
- Chair, NAGAP Education Committee, April 2018 – April 2020.
- Board Member, NAGAP, the Association for Graduate Enrollment Management. April 2018 – April 2020.
- Chair, NAGAP Technology Committee. April 2012 – April 2016.
- Board Member, NAGAP, the Association for Graduate Enrollment Management. April 2012 – April 2016.
- Immediate Past President, NEGAP, the New England Association for Graduate Enrollment Management.
- June 2014 – April 2016.
- Founding President, NEGAP, the New England Association for Graduate Enrollment Management. April 2011 – June 2014.
- “Is That My Job? Understanding and Defining Your Role in Marketing Your Graduate Programs,” NAGAP
- Virtual Summer Institute. July 15, 2021.
- “Around the World in 60 Minutes with Data: How 2020 changed International Student Interest for the
- United States & Canada,” StudyPortals webinar panel. Panelist. March 18, 2021.
- “Adapting to the Times: Graduate Enrollment Marketing Through COVID and Beyond,” The Connection
- virtual conference hosted by Carnegie Dartlet. February 24, 2021.
- “Anti-Racist Leadership,” Enrollment Management Leadership presentation. Roger Williams University.
- November 24, 2020.
- “Fruitfully Resilient: The 2021 Graduate Enrollment Professional,” Keynote presentation at the
- NEGAP/NYGAP Fall Virtual Conference. November 17, 2020.
- “Building Out Your Integrated Marketing Plan,” co-presented at the Graduate Enrollment Management:
- Recruitment and Marketing conference presented by Academic Impressions. Baltimore, MD, January 17,
- “Brand-Building at the Graduate Level,” Graduate Enrollment Management: Recruitment and Marketing
- conference presented by Academic Impressions. Baltimore, MD, January 16, 2020.
- “Align Your Messaging: Understanding your Audience and Channels,” co-presented at the Graduate
- Enrollment Management: Recruitment and Marketing conference presented by Academic Impressions.
- Baltimore, MD, January 16, 2020.
- “Promote Me! Successfully Building a Career in GEM,” NEGAP Regional Conference. Salem, MA,
- December 6, 2019.
- “Building a Stronger Student Services Office: An Open and Frank Discussion,” panel presentation at the
- 2019 NAGAP Annual Conference. Toronto, ON, Canada, April 11, 2019.
- “Carnegie Dartlet, NAGAP & Google’s Digital Insights for Graduate Enrollment,” co-presented at 2018
- NAGAP Annual Conference. New Orleans, LA. April 13, 2018.
- “Integrated Marketing: Tying it All Together Both On- and Off-Line,” Academic Impressions GEM
- Conference. Orlando, June 13, 2018.
- “Challenging the Status Quo: Strategic Marketing and Recruitment Efforts for Graduate Students,” 2017
- Conference on Adult Learner Enrollment Management (CALEM). Denver, CO, April 5, 2017.
- “Breaking Outside the Box: Reaching Graduate Students Where They Are,” 2017 Carnegie Conference:
- Integrating Traditional & Digital Marketing Strategies. Orlando, FL, February 1, 2017.
- “Casting a Wide Net: Lead Generation Strategies for Graduate Students,” 2016 Stamats 8th Annual Adult
- Student Integrated Marketing Conference. San Antonio, TX. February 2016.
- “Message, Mediums, and Metrics: Keys to Successful Content Development with Graduate Students,”
- 2015 Stamats 7th Annual Adult Student Integrated Marketing Conference. Scottsdale, AZ. February 2015.
- “Shifting Mindset: Understanding and Marketing to Today’s Graduate Students,” 2014 Conference on
- Adult Learner Enrollment Management. Atlanta, GA. July 2014.
- “Best Practices for a Successful Graduate Student Recruitment Strategy,” 2014 Stamats 6th Annual Adult
- Student Integrated Marketing Conference. San Antonio, TX. February 2014.
- “Building the Successful Foundations for an Integrated Marketing Plan and Measuring the Results,” 2014
- Carnegie Conference. Orlando, FL, January 2014.
- “Critical Engagement: A Social Media Bootcamp,” NAGAP Winter Professional Development Institute for
- Advanced Professionals. San Juan, PR, January 2013.
- “Face the (Country) Music: Utilizing Connect to Measure ROI and Stop Wasting Your Resources,”
- HobsonsU Conference. Nashville, TN, July 2012.
- “Not Everything is Bigger in Texas: Small Things That Make a Big Impact on Recruitment Efforts,”
- NAGAP Annual Conference. Austin, TX, April 2012.
- “Social Media in Graduate Student Recruitment,” NAGAP Pre-Conference Professional Development
- Institute. Austin, TX, April 2012.
- “Sizing Up A Monumental Task: Building Your Recruitment Funnel and Measuring the Flow,” NAGAP
- Annual Conference. Washington, D.C., April 2011.
AMA Higher Education Marketer of the Year (Nomination), May 2013 & May 2014
This award honors extraordinary leadership and achievement in the field of higher education marketing by the American Marketing Association.
NAGAP Future Leader Award, April 2012
Awarded annually to an individual recognized as a future leader within NAGAP and the graduate enrollment management (GEM) profession.
University of New Haven Distinguished Service Award, May 2011
Awarded to individuals who have exemplified distinguished service to the University community and are celebrating a career milestone at the institution.